NetSuite for Manufacturers
NetSuite is the winning pick for manufacturers looking for a complete business solution. Since it’s a cloud-based ERP and omnichannel commerce software suite, manufacturers can profit from NetSuite’s outstanding performance immediately at lower costs than legacy methods. With components like CRM, HCM, and ecommerce, NetSuite provides manufacturers with the software they need to run a modern business.
NetSuite boasts best-in-class architecture with extended and seamlessly integrated global networks of suppliers and partners who make information available in real-time, everywhere. What’s more, subscribers can adapt NetSuite to specific roles and business needs without programming. It can also be customized to provide real-time insights into key performance indicators.
Let’s look at some of the features NetSuite can provide for manufacturers in their day-to-day business:
Key Product Features
Improve product design and BOM management.
Sales and Marketing
Implement campaigns, manage opportunities, and expedite estimating and quoting.
Accelerate demand planning and control input type.
Supply Chain Management
Sync with suppliers and purchasing, and simplify distribution resource planning.
Improve scheduling and work order management. Increase product quality.
Service and Support
Streamline case management, manage warranty returns, and enable customer self-service.
Enhance intercompany accounting, costing, and payment management.
Empower omnichannel purchasing in B2B and B2C environments.
- Integrates with many CAD applications, simplifying costing by supporting easy import of BOMs.
- Ensures production engineering changes propagate end-to-end and are reflected in downstream BOMs, demand plans and procurement orders.
- Provides extended capabilities for inventory control tracking, planning and costing of items in project-controlled environments.
- Delivers more flexibility in costing by supporting comprehensive inventory costing methods including LIFO, FIFO, average, standard and actual costing.
- Streamlines team management using at- a-glance allocations of people with data, processes and business systems.
Sales and Marketing
- Accelerates real-time quote management by incorporating pricing, sales tax and discounting rules automatically into sales quotes.
- Allows for the creation, execution and measurement of email campaigns that convert leads to customers.
- Enables intuitive management of opportunities across status, potential revenue, key contact notes, and related documents.
- Converts quotes into approved sales orders and routes them to the finance team for invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Provides mobile access to key information such as sales orders, customer dashboards and calendars.
- Improves order management by automatically transitioning orders to shipping/logistics and account receivables.
- Supports multi-step picking, packing and shipping.
- Provides real-time visibility into entire order management process with relevant information such as orders, trends and order conversion rates.
- Allows drill-down from a summary level for greater details, all the way to the underlying transaction, in only a few clicks.
- Integrates with carriers such as UPS, FedEx and USPS out-of-the-box.
Supply Chain Automation
- Supports extended, yet fully integrated, supply chain environments by ensuring data flows seamlessly across networks.
- Advances distribution resource planning by automatically suggesting, and where appropriate, generating purchase orders, work orders and transfer orders across multiple locations.
- Integrates demand planning forecasts and required inventory levels based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends and seasonal fluctuations.
- Monitors stock levels and automatically creates restocking alerts and reordering forms to ensure planned inventory levels are maintained.
- Provides real-time, detailed visibility into key spend, inventory and supply chain management metrics.
NETSUITE FOR MANUFACTURERS
- Streamlines production environments by automatically creating work orders from sales orders in make-to-order environments.
- Features lot and serial traceability and enables both to be registered through purchasing receipts, inventory, shop floor control and sales order fulfillment functions.
- Simplifies multi-level work order processing by enabling a single work order to control a multi-level assembly.
- Supports full production routing capabilities including operational steps, work centers, labor, overhead and materials.
- Provides critical information for inventory tracking by maintaining a complete history of each product kit throughout its lifecycle.
Service and Support
- Automates case management by assigning support tickets to unique customer email addresses, including provisions for escalating issues based on customizable parameters.
- Accelerates return material authorizations by enabling products to be returned to one of many locations, where available.
- Improves warranty management with look- up code that automatically trigger return and repair processes.
- Provides a rich library of online training aids that includes training videos, webinars and weekly bulletins.
- Features customizable dashboards displaying key information such as accounts receivable, orders and accounts payable.
- Provides multiple reports including income statements, balance sheets, consolidated reports, variance reports and side-by- side comparisons.
- Supports unlimited numbers of general ledger accounts, sub-accounts and segments.
- Streamlines invoice creation by automatically calculating sales taxes, finance charges and discount terms.
- Enables maintenance and control of the complete asset lifecycle across depreciating or non-depreciating assets, from creation to depreciation, revaluation and disposal.
- Simplifies period-end closes with automated allocations, currency management tools and period locking.
- Enables implementation of both B2B and B2C portals that streamline order placement and improve customer satisfaction.
- Streamlines order management by transferring orders automatically to back- office fulfillment processes.
- Automatically creates dynamic price lists that reflect purchase volumes.
- Supports creation of coupons or discounts on specific items, enables exempting other items from discounts, and automatically delivers up-sell recommendations.
- Provides search engine analysis, website analytics and reporting, online marketing analytics and more.
- Accepts real-time payments from different credit cards and international currencies and supports Google Checkout or PayPal checkout options.
Nuage - Premier NetSuite Solution Provider
Nuage is a NetSuite reseller and NetSuite Solution Partner. From purchasing a NetSuite license, to implementing and customizing the NetSuite platform for you, we can help your company pick and choose which features you need most. Our team is ready, willing, and able to help guide you through the NetSuite purchase and/or implementation process. Please feel free to contact us for more information on how we can help.